The Crimson Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesIRC #crimsonRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Crimson Order Political Party Forums!
Congratulations to the most awesome guy there is, our new Party President!
If you dont have alot of time please support the party by voting, shouting and commenting party articles
Thanks to all that contribute to the New eCanadian Assistance Program
Party Position #2!! Keep spreading the word
free internet radio
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Sports Room

Go down 
+10
Vigge_of_Death
Ardikus
Semper5
Jolabent
Funky Hum24n
Guruk_Lord_Of_Pomerania
Uncorporated
Lion El'Jonson
Dierios
C. buzz
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Welcome to the re-named Sports Room. This was originally HOCKEY!!!!!!!, but it appears that there were some people who don't seem to like people on ice in one of the most physical games on the planet (next to football and rugby ONLY). So, Ima try something new:

American Football: How 'bout them Patriots and Giants going to the Superbowl? A lot of people aren't liking the Raven's kicker right now.

Rugby: [Insert interest here]

Soccer: [Insert interest here]

Basketball: [Insert interest here]

Hockey: By far the surprise story has been replaced by the St. Louis Blues. Kinda like the way they have their goalies (Jaroslav Halak and Brian Elliot) going, playing the hot glove.

If I forgot anything, don't get mad.

Last edited by C. buzz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dierios
Party Founder
Dierios

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:39 am

Rugby is way better.

go Habs.
Back to top Go down
Lion El'Jonson
Party Founder
Lion El'Jonson

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:51 am

Cricket is easily the best sport in the world...

Thread ended...
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:05 pm

hahahahahaha. Okay, where do I start. Rugby is just soccer and football mixed and cricket is only fun after about 24 beer and 5 shots. Other than that, it's less intense baseball. How could you even compare the 2?

Dierios....I agree. Though all Canadian teams are decent...besides the Leafs...Leafs suck!
Back to top Go down
Dierios
Party Founder
Dierios

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:58 am

go habs.
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 am

...........ok..........go Habs
Back to top Go down
Uncorporated
Party Founder

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Ryan Kessler. That is all.

If you've heard the song, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, shame be upon you.
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:55 pm

So, you're a 'Nucks fan, eh? It's a good thing you didn't say Phil Kessel. I'm tired of that guy already. Anyone passes him in the standings they "somehow" are next on a long list of concusions...starting to wonder if the guy knows voodoo
Back to top Go down
Dierios
Party Founder
Dierios

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:27 am

you guys can't handlemy wu-tang sword

go habs
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:44 am

I'm sorry, Dierios. Everytime you post "go habs" I look at your avatar and have to laugh. Makes it seem so more serious.
Back to top Go down
Dierios
Party Founder
Dierios

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:38 pm

i don't look at explosions

Sports Room 160368-wolverine_large

go habs
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:30 pm

BREAKING NEWS : Habs coach Jacques Martin has been fired...'bout time.
Back to top Go down
Guruk_Lord_Of_Pomerania

Guruk_Lord_Of_Pomerania

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:44 pm

You guys dont know shit da jets will win da stanley cup n pavlec will win the vesna Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Funky Hum24n

Funky Hum24n

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 12:35 am

and hockey is just confused men on ice searching for a puck. Hardly skillful.

Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871
Jolabent

Jolabent

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 1:03 am

Kessler is the man..... Go Canucks Go
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:07 am

Funky Hum24n wrote:

Far more skillful than football or baseball or soccer or...well you get the picture. It takes a great deal of aim, power, and precision to score, as well as agility to deke, plus strength and endurance to check, a good conscious not to injure, etc, etc. When you're the goalie, whole different story. You need to be quick on your feet, quick to get back on your feet, good puck tracking, and amazing reflexes...that's why the Bruins won the cup last year.

I would find it hilariously funny to watch the Jets win the cup in their return year...that would be so funny.
Back to top Go down
Funky Hum24n

Funky Hum24n

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 1:26 pm

C. buzz wrote:
Funky Hum24n wrote:

Far more skillful than football or baseball or soccer or...well you get the picture. It takes a great deal of aim, power, and precision to score, as well as agility to deke, plus strength and endurance to check, a good conscious not to injure, etc, etc. When you're the goalie, whole different story. You need to be quick on your feet, quick to get back on your feet, good puck tracking, and amazing reflexes...that's why the Bruins won the cup last year.

I would find it hilariously funny to watch the Jets win the cup in their return year...that would be so funny.
None of those attributes are collectively unique to hockey players.
Back to top Go down
Dierios
Party Founder
Dierios

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Lets be real here, Tidlywinks isby far the most pysically demanding sport.
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:40 pm

"None of those attributes are collectively unique to hockey players." Really? Where are you gonna find those sets of skills in any sport on the planet, and be able to do it in, like 1/4' of metal on each foot? They aren't unique to hockey players, I will give you that, but anyone can do that in cleats. It takes skill to do it on skates. I'd like to see you skate backwards in cleats. Not to mention with the armor they wear and the skates makes it harder to move. Hockey is more unique than any other sport. Soccer, football, rugby and baseball all take a massive amount of players and a massive playing area, basketball is like 10 guys on a wooden playing surface. There is no true sport other than hockey that requires ice. Figure skating is not a sport. Ice fishing is not a sport. Racing snow machines over ice is just blatantly stupid. All arguments have been rendered invalid.
Back to top Go down
Funky Hum24n

Funky Hum24n

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:26 pm

C. buzz wrote:
"None of those attributes are collectively unique to hockey players." Really? Where are you gonna find those sets of skills in any sport on the planet, and be able to do it in, like 1/4' of metal on each foot? They aren't unique to hockey players, I will give you that, but anyone can do that in cleats. It takes skill to do it on skates. I'd like to see you skate backwards in cleats. Not to mention with the armor they wear and the skates makes it harder to move. Hockey is more unique than any other sport. Soccer, football, rugby and baseball all take a massive amount of players and a massive playing area, basketball is like 10 guys on a wooden playing surface. There is no true sport other than hockey that requires ice. Figure skating is not a sport. Ice fishing is not a sport. Racing snow machines over ice is just blatantly stupid. All arguments have been rendered invalid.

You only talked about skates. That's one thing that's unique. Quit being so zealous.
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Ok then, it's the only sport where everyone playing has a stick and requires far more skill than just swinging a bat. You need to pass good, shoot good, get the puck away from your net and into theirs. There's no sport on the planet that requires you to do that and more. It's probably only 1 of 2 sports in the world that requires a single person to block shots. There's only 5 places you can play: Center, Right Wing, Left Wing, Defense, and Goalie. Most of the skilled players in the world play hockey. The only skilled thing I ever saw in football was the other day in the news someone on the Cincinatti Bengals scored the greatest touchdown in history by performing a front flip into the endzone. The most skilled thing in soccer is using your head, but a hockey player can do that at any point in a hockey game. Doesn't feel good having a frozen disc of rubber hitting your head at speeds around 90-100 MPH (Zdeno Chara has the hardest shot in hockey, with a speed clocked around 109-111 MPH)
So, tell me. Is there any sport that's any more skilled than hockey? I think not. GO WORLD JUNIORS!

Dierios, I got a good shirt for X-mas...go habs.
Back to top Go down
Semper5

Semper5

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:21 am

C. buzz wrote:
I figure that we should have something a little more down to Earth. Something real. Something...something...sporty. So, why not discuss the greatest sport on the planet! HOCKEY!!! Don't argue. You know it's true. Football is too complicated, soccer is weird, basketball and baseball shouldn't even really be a sport...because they gotz no skillz, same with racing, UFC is constantly two men getting sweaty hugging each other and rolling around grunting like a bunch of dirty pigs...the only thing that comes even close is boxing...but, let's face it. It's lost some severe fan base.

I'll start. So....the Jets won last night....against the top team in the league...which is kinda weird considering it's Minnesota.
Yeah, soccer is really weird. 20 people chasing one ball, so stupid. If you ask me, I would give a ball to every player on a field so every one of them have his own. It would be much interesting. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1426683
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:58 am

Semper5 wrote:
C. buzz wrote:
I figure that we should have something a little more down to Earth. Something real. Something...something...sporty. So, why not discuss the greatest sport on the planet! HOCKEY!!! Don't argue. You know it's true. Football is too complicated, soccer is weird, basketball and baseball shouldn't even really be a sport...because they gotz no skillz, same with racing, UFC is constantly two men getting sweaty hugging each other and rolling around grunting like a bunch of dirty pigs...the only thing that comes even close is boxing...but, let's face it. It's lost some severe fan base.

I'll start. So....the Jets won last night....against the top team in the league...which is kinda weird considering it's Minnesota.
Yeah, soccer is really weird. 20 people chasing one ball, so stupid. If you ask me, I would give a ball to every player on a field so every one of them have his own. It would be much interesting. Laughing

...or another valid option is giving one ball per 2 people. Then it would be like 1 vs. 1 vs. 10. The tender wouldn't have a chance with 10 balls flying at him at any given moment...and that sounded REALLY bad.
Back to top Go down
Funky Hum24n

Funky Hum24n

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:45 pm

C. buzz wrote:
Ok then, it's the only sport where everyone playing has a stick and requires far more skill than just swinging a bat. You need to pass good, shoot good, get the puck away from your net and into theirs. There's no sport on the planet that requires you to do that and more. It's probably only 1 of 2 sports in the world that requires a single person to block shots. There's only 5 places you can play: Center, Right Wing, Left Wing, Defense, and Goalie. Most of the skilled players in the world play hockey. The only skilled thing I ever saw in football was the other day in the news someone on the Cincinatti Bengals scored the greatest touchdown in history by performing a front flip into the endzone. The most skilled thing in soccer is using your head, but a hockey player can do that at any point in a hockey game. Doesn't feel good having a frozen disc of rubber hitting your head at speeds around 90-100 MPH (Zdeno Chara has the hardest shot in hockey, with a speed clocked around 109-111 MPH)
So, tell me. Is there any sport that's any more skilled than hockey? I think not. GO WORLD JUNIORS!

Dierios, I got a good shirt for X-mas...go habs.
""pass good, shoot good, get the puck away from your net and into theirs."

Ha, yeah, so unique and hard!

So Chara can shoot a puck really hard? Is that supposed to impress me?
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:39 pm

"So Chara can shoot a puck really hard? Is that supposed to impress me?"

No, I guess you shouldn't be impressed. I guess there's millions of other players of different sports around the world where they can have an object move at 100 mph+. Everyone in soccer and football can do it. The only people who come close to that speed is professional baseball pitchers....and it's not unique. Every pitcher in professional baseball can throw over 90 mph. So, tell me, if not hockey, what's supposed to be the greatest sport in the world? Hockey is the most globally accepted sport. Does soccer have a place in the summer olympics? Does football, or cricket, or baseball?

Now that I'm done my rant, Canada has clinched a semi-final spot with the failure of the U.S juniors. In Canada's last three games, they scored 5 or more goals. Time for gold...again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sports Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room Empty

Back to top Go down

Sports Room
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Crimson Order :: Welcome to The Crimson Order Political Party :: The Crimson Pub-
Jump to: