The Crimson Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesIRC #crimsonRegisterLog in
Welcome to The Crimson Order Political Party Forums!
Congratulations to the most awesome guy there is, our new Party President!
If you dont have alot of time please support the party by voting, shouting and commenting party articles
Thanks to all that contribute to the New eCanadian Assistance Program
Party Position #2!! Keep spreading the word
free internet radio
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Sports Room

Go down 
+10
Vigge_of_Death
Ardikus
Semper5
Jolabent
Funky Hum24n
Guruk_Lord_Of_Pomerania
Uncorporated
Lion El'Jonson
Dierios
C. buzz
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ardikus

Sports Room - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:39 pm

I'd find it very amusing if the Panthers were to win the cup this year.

what place are they in the east again? Razz
Back to top Go down
Vigge_of_Death

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Go Avs <3
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:34 am

Ardikus, they're in 3rd, under Boston and NYR. I hate to say it, but I think Boston's going to sweep the East...still would find it hilarious for the Jets to win the cup in their return year.
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:09 am

""pass good, shoot good, get the puck away from your net and into theirs."

Ha, yeah, so unique and hard!"

Actually, it's much harder than you'd think...especially when you got defenders 5'10"+ and close to 200 lbs. between you and the net. Remember me mentioning Zdeno Chara? I guess it's a good time to mention the reason Boston is doing so good right now is because he's like a secondary goalie...I think he's first in the NHL for shots blocked. 6'9", he's practically a tower on the ice and always where Tim Thomas(third for save % and second for goals against average)/Tuuka Rask(first in the league for save % and goals against average) [Boston's starter and back-up goalies...the best goalies in the league right now followed by Brian Elliot (second in the league for save % and third for goals against average), Jimmy Howard (most wins), and Jonathan Quick (most shutouts)] aren't.

Couple things to get off my chest:
1: Lars Eller had four goals in the Montreal Canadiens vs. Winnipeg Jets match carrying the Habs over the Jets.
2: For the first time in a long time, Canada's World Juniors are out of the gold medal picture, and for the second time consecutively, Russia is the one team that put them under...time for bronze I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sm1tty

Sm1tty

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:54 am

First,

Go Jets!

Second, Russia kept the Canadians from constant chances and used the counter attack very well.

All sports are unique and interesting in their own way, but IMO Hockey is #1.

I agree with the Kessel Voodoo comment... he has to have something up his sleeve
Back to top Go down
Ardikus

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Epic Elllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

5 point night, I can't wait for him to put on some more muscle. Imagine him playing with the weight of Kostitsyn?

He's going to be a great player. A Great Dane, if you will. xD
Back to top Go down
Dierios
Party Founder
Dierios

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:33 am

go habs
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Ardikus wrote:
Epic Elllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

5 point night, I can't wait for him to put on some more muscle. Imagine him playing with the weight of Kostitsyn?

He's going to be a great player. A Great Dane, if you will. xD

Yeah, I know what you're saying there. Gotta say, the Habs are lacking the weight they so desperately need to compete with other big name hot-shots...the people that call themselves defending Stanley Cup Champs. More weight means Chara gets hurt.....yay........(I don't like Chara because what he did last season...injuring Max Pacioretty and then making lame and shitty excuses....for those who don't know)
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:27 pm

The weekend was a huge series of milestones in the NHL not seen for a while. Jarome Iginla of the Calgary Flames scored his 500th goal of his career. Shane Doan of the Phoenix Coyotes scored his first hat-trick in his career with 39 2-goal games and only the second player in NHL to score 300+ goals and no hat-tricks. There were also some injuries. Sami Salo of the Vancouver Canucks took a terrible hit from Boston's Brad Marchand which could be a possible concussion...there were some good and bad, but overall a good NHL weekend.
Back to top Go down
guagature
Party Founder
guagature

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:56 am

Don't know about this thread seems to be a bit boring might need to spice it up with a real mans game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4IYK8dNzIQ
Back to top Go down
Ardikus

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:33 pm

So, men wearing short shorts while playing football?

Oh, don't worry, in america they wear tights instead.

Razz
Back to top Go down
guagature
Party Founder
guagature

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:04 am

There is a reason for the tight shorts, many moons ago a guy named Warwick Capper had loose shorts one day and the mouse came out of the house for a peek Shocked
From then on the shorts became tighter
Back to top Go down
Decode Masala
Party Founder
Decode Masala

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Yay - Finland won hockey gold in under-16 Olympics

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/WYOG2012/1/IHM400101_C74A_5.0.pdf

Yeah - nobody outside Finland probably never heard ... but in any case 3rd generation Kapanen was one of the core players \o/
Back to top Go down
Dierios
Party Founder
Dierios

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Rugby: [Insert interest here]

i love rugby
Back to top Go down
Funky Hum24n

Funky Hum24n

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 pm

C. buzz wrote:
The weekend was a huge series of milestones in the NHL not seen for a while. Jarome Iginla of the Calgary Flames scored his 500th goal of his career. Shane Doan of the Phoenix Coyotes scored his first hat-trick in his career with 39 2-goal games and only the second player in NHL to score 300+ goals and no hat-tricks. There were also some injuries. Sami Salo of the Vancouver Canucks took a terrible hit from Boston's Brad Marchand which could be a possible concussion...there were some good and bad, but overall a good NHL weekend.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1401871
Dierios
Party Founder
Dierios

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 am

Funky Hum24n wrote:
C. buzz wrote:

Sleep

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Funky Hum24n wrote:
C. buzz wrote:

Sleep

Ahh...someone who doesn't understand/appreciate the fine skills of hockey. Let me guess, the most intense sport you've ever enjoyed is either golf or chess. That, or you were seriously mangled by the sport and don't like it anymore. Face it, everyone at least knows a little bit about hockey...so long as you live in the northern hemisphere. Even Ausies know about hockey. There we go, you like cricket? I'm being zealous, yet you come here, you put down the favourite sport of millions of people, yet you don't show interest in any sport. Why are you in this forum? Discuss sports or leave...your choice.
Back to top Go down
Funky Hum24n

Funky Hum24n

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:42 pm

C. buzz wrote:
Funky Hum24n wrote:
C. buzz wrote:

Sleep

Ahh...someone who doesn't understand/appreciate the fine skills of hockey. Let me guess, the most intense sport you've ever enjoyed is either golf or chess. That, or you were seriously mangled by the sport and don't like it anymore. Face it, everyone at least knows a little bit about hockey...so long as you live in the northern hemisphere. Even Ausies know about hockey. There we go, you like cricket? I'm being zealous, yet you come here, you put down the favourite sport of millions of people, yet you don't show interest in any sport. Why are you in this forum? Discuss sports or leave...your choice.
I like hockey actually. Am a Leafs fan.

But your zealotry disgusts me.
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:35 am

Funky Hum24n wrote:
C. buzz wrote:
Funky Hum24n wrote:
C. buzz wrote:

Sleep

I like hockey actually. Am a Leafs fan.

But your zealotry disgusts me.

So, you call a belief zealotry? If you do truly live in Canada, then you respect the right of free-speech, which entitles me to my own opinion and, unless it's violent and could cause the potential for injury, can't have it taken from me...not even by a police officer (oh it's true. So long as you let him know you're stating an opinion about him and not his profession he can't do anything) That zealotry that you speak of is actually a common Canadian thing. There's a reason why when you go to a sports bar during hockey season it's generally on. There's a reason every (or at least most of them...you appear to be an exception) Canadian will watch the Stanley Cup Finals, no matter who's playing. There's a reason that we throw parades for returning players who won the Stanley Cup (I got to see Tyler Kennedy of the Penguins when they won it a few years ago). Even by looking at some of our most popular buildings it's hockey related (The Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto and the Museum of Hockey in Nova Scotia). Canadians are hockey folk. If you live in Ottawa, there's generally a hate on for the Leafs and vice-versa. Same with Montreal and Toronto, Montreal and Boston, and Boston and Vancouver. Canadians are united under a common entity: We all love hockey. I am no exception.
Back to top Go down
Funky Hum24n

Funky Hum24n

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Only a minority watches the stanley cup, only a minority go to lame parades and only a minority go to those buildings. Stop speaking for "all Canadians" because we are not all fanatics who watch an American-dominated hockey league.
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Funky Hum24n wrote:
Only a minority watches the stanley cup, only a minority go to lame parades and only a minority go to those buildings. Stop speaking for "all Canadians" because we are not all fanatics who watch an American-dominated hockey league.

only dominated by American teams. If you look at the player count I can guarantee you that somewhere between 75 and 80% of all NHL players are Canadian. The commisioner just so happens to be an American with the interests of having all teams based in the states (no matter how hard he tries, Molson will never get rid of the Habs). And those "minority groups" that you speak of are actually entire communities. And here I go thinking that you actually know something about the NHL. I'll give you a perfect example. The Boston Bruins, winner of the 2011-2012 Stanley Cup Finals (I'm pretty sure you and...well every Canadian knows this by now, even if they didn't watch the game...the Vancouver riots were all over the news for like half a month). If you look at the roster they have maybe 5 or 6 players not from Canada and of those 5 or 6 only one is an American-born player (Tim Thomas comes from Flint, Michigan which is probably one of the shittiest towns in Michigan by far...maybe next to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan perhaps). And of those buildings you say only a minority of people go to, I guess you haven't lived in desolation from the many interesting buildings half of Ontario doesn't get to see, or places that don't have such buildings. If you gave the opportunity to the masses of Canadians who live in cities that no one seems to care about in Ottawa and Toronto (if they even heard of these places) to go and visit the Hockey Hall of Fame and the Museum of Hockey, they'd take it. And don't say stop speaking for those people because I am one of them. I hear what they say about these situations where they want to go but they can't because travelling by air is too costly for us and gas prices (now) are ridiculous to even think of this. And the lame parades you speak of that only the minority go to, yeah I guess 75,000 people to see one person and get one glimpse of the Cup is a minority group. And before you go and freak out that I don't know anything and where I come from doesn't boast enough hockey prowess, I can boast the Esposito's, Ron Francis, Marty Turco, Tyler Kennedy (already mentioned), Matt D'Agostini (was actually in a summer parade this year), Chris Thorburn, and coaches Ted Nolan and Paul Maurice. So before going off on a limb saying that what I'm saying is pointless, then you haven't visited anywhere north. You should actually know all about hockey. Only the smallest of Canadian towns and live in the middle of nowhere and can be only accessed via plane don't know about hockey...and some of them do still. Maybe hockey isn't your thing, even if you boast liking hockey, but don't bring the rest of us down over it. The topic has been changed to something a little more general than hockey. If all you're going to do is be a party pooper find someone else to bug.

So, the other day I went on TSN to see what went on in the world of hockey. Having not watched a game that night (I know, what the hell was I thinking) the first article to come up was about Sam Gagne becoming the 15th player in NHL history to record an 8-point game. How about that, a below par player being mentioned in the same sentence along with Gretzky. However, the only thing I see wrong with it is that it's not the playoffs. Would be far more impressive had it been the playoffs, but I guess no one will beat Maurice Richard's 5 GOAL effort against the Maple Leafs in the playoffs, still the single most impressive effort by a single player in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Funky Hum24n

Funky Hum24n

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:24 pm

C. buzz wrote:
Funky Hum24n wrote:

only dominated by American teams. If you look at the player count I can guarantee you that somewhere between 75 and 80% of all NHL players are Canadian. The commisioner just so happens to be an American with the interests of having all teams based in the states (no matter how hard he tries, Molson will never get rid of the Habs). And those "minority groups" that you speak of are actually entire communities. And here I go thinking that you actually know something about the NHL. I'll give you a perfect example. The Boston Bruins, winner of the 2011-2012 Stanley Cup Finals (I'm pretty sure you and...well every Canadian knows this by now, even if they didn't watch the game...the Vancouver riots were all over the news for like half a month). If you look at the roster they have maybe 5 or 6 players not from Canada and of those 5 or 6 only one is an American-born player (Tim Thomas comes from Flint, Michigan which is probably one of the shittiest towns in Michigan by far...maybe next to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan perhaps). And of those buildings you say only a minority of people go to, I guess you haven't lived in desolation from the many interesting buildings half of Ontario doesn't get to see, or places that don't have such buildings. If you gave the opportunity to the masses of Canadians who live in cities that no one seems to care about in Ottawa and Toronto (if they even heard of these places) to go and visit the Hockey Hall of Fame and the Museum of Hockey, they'd take it. And don't say stop speaking for those people because I am one of them. I hear what they say about these situations where they want to go but they can't because travelling by air is too costly for us and gas prices (now) are ridiculous to even think of this. And the lame parades you speak of that only the minority go to, yeah I guess 75,000 people to see one person and get one glimpse of the Cup is a minority group. And before you go and freak out that I don't know anything and where I come from doesn't boast enough hockey prowess, I can boast the Esposito's, Ron Francis, Marty Turco, Tyler Kennedy (already mentioned), Matt D'Agostini (was actually in a summer parade this year), Chris Thorburn, and coaches Ted Nolan and Paul Maurice. So before going off on a limb saying that what I'm saying is pointless, then you haven't visited anywhere north. You should actually know all about hockey. Only the smallest of Canadian towns and live in the middle of nowhere and can be only accessed via plane don't know about hockey...and some of them do still. Maybe hockey isn't your thing, even if you boast liking hockey, but don't bring the rest of us down over it. The topic has been changed to something a little more general than hockey. If all you're going to do is be a party pooper find someone else to bug.

1. Still an American-dominated league
2. If I gave the opportunity to see California Disneyland or some Finnish park, they'd take it too.
3. You might want to stop talking as though Canada exists in small towns, cause it sure as hell doesn't. This an urban nation.
4. If you keep insisting that hockey is what it is to you, no matter what other people say, then I suggest you need to take a break from this thread.
Back to top Go down
C. buzz
Party Founder
C. buzz

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:15 am

1. Hard to be an "American-dominated" league when pretty much 98% of all players are Canadian. Teams don't really matter at that point.
2. Oh yeah, and spend half the afternoon in some line just to go on some shitty Mickey Mouse ride is just everyone's dream.
3. It doesn't exist in small towns, but it sure as hell isn't one big Toronto. You make it sound like nothing gets done out of Toronto and Ottawa, yet some of the best industrial centers are well out of reach of Toronto. The head of the snake is Toronto and the supposed big-cities we all live in, but some of the most vital parts to the rest of it live elsewhere. We don't exist entirely of small towns, but we sure as hell don't live in a massive metropolis.
4. The only smart thing you said. You're right at that point. I guess I shouldn't speak as if all Canadians think the way I do. But, I refer you back to the point of right of free speech. For some reason, my opinion that I believe hockey is the greatest sport on Earth offends you, which is why you come back and attack my virtues. Tell you what. I'll stop speaking as if all Canadians don't like hockey so long as you stop being a pious asshole. That good enough for you? I changed the name of this thread so that it's more generalized and not specific, yet you have nothing better to do than to make my time here as miserable as it could possibly be.

Found this picture the other day and figured it was pretty hilarious.
Sports Room - Page 2 42415210
Back to top Go down
killer2001

killer2001

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 pm

ottawa senators got eliminated from the playoffs Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sports Room   Sports Room - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sports Room
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Crimson Order :: Welcome to The Crimson Order Political Party :: The Crimson Pub-
Jump to: